Vacation Photo Contest
Jan 10 2011
In 2003, we went to Guatemala to adopt Ian and Aden.
We brought along my mom, my brother, and our oldest daughter Abby.
While we were busy managing the bewilderment of our 1- and 3-year-olds upon their abrupt addition to our family, working on perfecting our multiple-child parenting techniques,
and helping our 4-year-old adjust to two new siblings,
my brother was busy appreciating Guatemalan fountain art by taking pictures like this:
OK, that might be a slight disservice to him. He might have helped us out kind of a lot. But that picture still cracks me up.
Now that we’re on a week of vacation with the kiddos, I’d love it if you’d send in your crazy vacation photos.
- Submit up to two photos per family… pick your best!
- Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sending photos means a) you have the rights to them and b) you’ve given me permission to post them on my blog.
- Submit your photos from Monday, January 10 through Monday, January 17. Periodically throughout the week, I’ll select and post the top contest contenders. (Like how I assume there will be LOTS to choose from? Prove me right – that’s my favorite thing.)
- I’ll announce a winner on Tuesday, January 18.
I plan to use your photos to inspire me this week. Who knows? I may even try to recreate them.
This contest is heavily weighted toward the crazy and funny, because that’s where I most closely identify. But, hey, I’ll take a look at sweet, too. Who doesn’t like a sweet photo every now and then?