5 Quick Questions, vol. 3
Apr 26 2013
It’s time for a new edition of 5 Quick Questions.
This is my opportunity to get to know you better, and one of my favorite new things we do here. To those of you who used the last two volumes to delurk, it’s so very nice to meet you! And to those of you who’ve been around a while, messing around in this space and putting your feet on the furniture? You’re always rad. Thank you.
Here are your questions for today.
5 Quick Questions:
the Sun-is-Shining-in-Oregon-So-I’m-Feeling-Like-a-Goof Edition
In priority order…
- What is your family booger rule? Also, is it actually enforceable? If so, how?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why? The why part is critical here. I want to know how you’re going to use it. I mean, sure, we all want to fly, but would we really give up the chance at mind control just to soar over the earth from time to time? No. Probably not. Let’s be realistic here.
- Which is better, “Just Say No” (Nancy Reagan) or “Just Do It” (Nike)? No fair saying this is an apples and oranges question. Just go with your gut. (“Just go with your gut.” Beth Woolsey)
- If you had to pick between kids eating their vegetables or kids sleeping through the night, which would it be?
- Beauty, brains, brawn or brownies. Pick two.
Here are my answers:
- Boogers: Our booger rule is Pick ‘Em in Private. Seriously, kids, everyone picks. It’s just important if you want to date anyone ever to do it in secret. We call this situational awareness. And no, it’s apparently totally unenforceable.
- Super Power: When the Super Power Genie comes to my house, I’m picking Transportation. Not, like, a new minivan. I’m thinking Star Trek. The ability to instantly transport myself from where I am to where I want to be. Sure, this will make international travel a snap (I’m going to get the Luxury Edition with the option to bring others with me by simply linking arms), but mostly I intend to use this to go downstairs at 11 every night to get my book which I can never remember to bring to bed with me.
- Just Say No or Just Do It? Just Do It! I’ve always been terrible at Just Say No. Turns out it was a good thing I was never socially aware enough to get invited to the drug parties.
- Vegetable-Eaters or Sleepers? Sleepers. Doy. I mean, how bad can scurvy really be? What’s that? Deadly, you say? Crap. This is a really hard question. Who came up with this anyway?
- Beauty, Brains, Brawn or Brownies: I piiccckkkk…. brains and beauty. No. Ha! I can just say no. Except not to brownies. So I pick brains and brownies, instead. Actually, how ’bout beauty and brownies? ‘Cause will I even know if I’m missing brains? Probably not. I feel like I’m outsmarting the system. Which is ironic, really, since I’m giving up brains.
Alright, folks! I showed you mine. Can’t wait to see yours!