In 2003, we went to Guatemala to adopt Ian and Aden.
We brought along my mom, my brother, and our oldest daughter Abby.
While we were busy managing the bewilderment of our 1- and 3-year-olds upon their abrupt addition to our family, working on perfecting our multiple-child parenting techniques,
and helping our 4-year-old adjust to two new siblings,
my brother was busy appreciating Guatemalan fountain art by taking pictures like this:
OK, that might be a slight disservice to him. He might have helped us out kind of a lot. But that picture still cracks me up.
Now that we’re on a week of vacation with the kiddos, I’d love it if you’d send in your crazy vacation photos.
- Submit up to two photos per family… pick your best!
- Send your photos to email@example.com
- Sending photos means a) you have the rights to them and b) you’ve given me permission to post them on my blog.
- Submit your photos from Monday, January 10 through Monday, January 17. Periodically throughout the week, I’ll select and post the top contest contenders. (Like how I assume there will be LOTS to choose from? Prove me right – that’s my favorite thing.)
- I’ll announce a winner on Tuesday, January 18.
I plan to use your photos to inspire me this week. Who knows? I may even try to recreate them.
This contest is heavily weighted toward the crazy and funny, because that’s where I most closely identify. But, hey, I’ll take a look at sweet, too. Who doesn’t like a sweet photo every now and then?