CRUISE WITH ME TO ALASKA!
from SEATTLE, WASHINGTON
ON ROYAL CARIBBEAN QUANTUM OF THE SEAS
JULY 15-22, 2024
This is the cruise that inspired me to start hosting retreats aboard ships! Basking in the sun in a hot tub at the front of a Royal Caribbean ship with a panoramic view of Juneau, eagles flying overhead and float planes taking off and landing in the water next to me, I thought, “I wish I could introduce my online community to this way of traveling while relaxing. Experiencing wonder while spending ample time focusing on respite.” Well, now I can! Please join me as we cruise through glacier-fed inlets to some of Alaska’s most beautiful towns.
- Day 1: Depart Seattle
- Day 2: Cruising at Sea
- Day 3: Sitka, Alaska
- Day 4: Skagway, Alaska
- Day 5: Endicott Arm and Dawes Glacier (by Sea), then Juneau, Alaska
- Day 6: Cruising at Sea
- Day 7: Victoria, British Columbia
- Day 8: Arrive Seattle
COST paid directly to the cruiseline: This cost varies based on your stateroom selection and when you book. You can see the latest rates and room types on the Royal Caribbean website or you can ask a travel agent (my agent’s information is listed below). This cost will cover your lodging, meals at the buffet and our assigned dinner location, shipboard entertainment and activities, taxes, and fees.
COST paid to Beth directly: $100/person. This is what connects you to the rest of our group and includes daily retreat activities like our welcome meet-up, nightly group dinner seating, a teeny tiny exclusive gift, access to our full schedule so you don’t miss any “Butt-Sitting with Beth” or mocktail/cocktail hour opportunities, a get-to-know-everyone Facebook group ahead of the retreat, and other fun little surprises.
OPTIONAL COSTS: Approximately three months before our departure, we will also plan group activities for an added fee. Examples include activities on board like Afternoon Tea and excursions on shore like the White Pass Railway trip in Skagway. You can choose whether to opt in or forego these in order to curate exactly the type of trip you want.
RETREAT GROUP SIZE: 35 maximum retreat participants
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE RETREAT PORTION: Contact me at email@example.com. Put ALASKA CRUISE RETREAT in the subject line, and send me a message with your name and any questions you may have.
HOW TO BOOK THE CRUISE: You can book your cruise directly with the cruiseline or contact a travel agent for a free quote. My agent is Sharon Mitchell at World Travel, firstname.lastname@example.org or (971) 261-2091.
GOT ANY OTHER TIPS, BETH?
As a matter of fact, I do!
- The cruise cost does not include gratuities, wifi, alcoholic beverages, soda, or specialty coffees, but you can pre-pay for any of those you wish. Just let your booking agent know.
- Speaking of cruise cost, I always just let Sharon, my travel agent, know I want to book the “cheapest available” stateroom, so if you’re concerned about price like me, feel free to say so!
- Aaand, speaking of travel agents, they can help with a huge number of details–air and ground transportation to the cruise ship, hotels before and after the cruise, travel insurance (inexpensive and recommended), specific cabin requests, etc. For some bookings, there is a nominal fee paid to the travel agent (i.e. airfare), but they provide the majority of their services TOTALLY FREE (i.e. cruise bookings).
OUR INCLUSION POLICY: We welcome all adult humans (who are welcoming of all humans) to all of our retreats. We are LGBTQ+ friendly and an inclusive space. We’d love to have you attend!