CRUISE WITH ME TO THE MAGICAL MEDITERRANEAN!
from aTHENS, gREECE
ON vIRGIN vOYAGES rESILIENT lADY
JULY 27-august 3, 2025
There is nothing in world like experiencing the Mediterranean by sea. The vast, panoramic views of craggy cliffs set in water so cerulean it appears to be made from pure imagination. Disembarking onto stone roads smoothed through the centuries–through millenia–by countless feet that connect newly whitewashed homes to ancient ruins, and connect us and our fleeting lives to the richness and grief and triumph of those who’ve gone before. The awe of standing in the same forums where western philosophy was founded and seeing from our vantage point on the historical timeline the great wonders and cruel abuses that ensued. Standing at the ship’s polished rail in the evening, cocktail in hand, watching the sun set beyond the infinite horizon. Waking the next day in a new place, knowing there’s more wonder to come. And best of all, finding friends and the freedom to be wildly ourselves along the way. I do hope you’ll join me on this unforgettable adventure.
- Day 1: Depart Athens
- Day 2: Cruising at Sea
- Day 3: Kotor, Montenegro
- Day 4: Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Day 5: Corfu, Greece
- Day 6: Cruising at Sea
- Day 7: Mykonos, Greece
- Day 8: Arrive Athens
COST: This cost varies based on your stateroom selection and when you book. You can see the latest rates and room types on the Virgin Voyages website or, even easier, you can ask my travel agent to do it for you at no cost to you (my agent’s information is listed below). Virgin Voyages “Always Included Luxury” policy means your cruise cost includes lodging, meals at all 20+ dining locations (honestly, the BEST food at sea), wifi, shipboard entertainment and activities, all gratuities, essential drinks (soda, sparkling water, coffee, tea), group fitness classes, taxes, and fees.
OPTIONAL COSTS: Three to six months before our departure, we will also plan group excursions for our days in port. Examples include e-bike tours, food tours, zip lining over Dubrovnik (where Game of Thrones was filmed), and sailing and snorkeling excursions. You can choose whether to opt in or forego these in order to curate exactly the type of trip you want.
RETREAT GROUP SIZE: 45 maximum retreat participants
HOW TO BOOK THE CRUISE RETREAT: You can book your cruise directly with the cruiseline by clicking on this link (which connects you to my agent and our group) or contact my travel agent directly for a free quote: Sharon Mitchell at World Travel, email@example.com or (971) 261-2091. Booking requires a minimum 20% deposit.
GOT ANY OTHER TIPS, BETH?
As a matter of fact, I do!
- Your cruise cost may* not include alcoholic beverages or specialty coffees, but you can pre-pay for those you wish. If booking through the travel agent, just let her know. *Booking certain cabin categories may result in receiving an onboard bar credit which can be used for both alcohol and espresso.
- Speaking of cruise cost, I always just let my travel agent, know I want to book the “cheapest available” stateroom, so if you’re concerned about price like me, feel free to say so!
- Aaand, speaking of travel agents, Sharon can help with a HUGE number of details–air and ground transportation to the cruise ship, hotels before and after the cruise, travel insurance (which is inexpensive and highly recommended), specific cabin requests, etc. For some bookings, there is a nominal fee paid to the travel agent (like airfare), but they provide the majority of their services TOTALLY FREE (like cruise bookings).
- If you’re nervous about booking so far in advance, it’s important to note that Virgin Voyages allows you to change your sail date with no penalty up to 45 days before you sail. They also allow you to make name changes on your tickets (transfer your reservation) up to 48 hours before departure. In addition to travel insurance, which is there to protect your investment should you not be able to travel (and which is surprisingly inexpensive and highly recommended, which I know I said above but bears repeating), these policies help by giving you maximum flexibility.
- Want to bring your family and friends? Want to ditch them and come solo? Either is fine! Virgin Voyages is an adults-only (age 18+) cruiseline, so as long as your humans fit that criterion, sign ’em up! I’ll be traveling with my partner, Greg, and our twin 18 year olds. If, however, you’re attending solo, you should know you’re not alone! Loads of folks have attended my retreats on their own and found themselves fast friends with my crew. We can even help you find a cabinmate if you’re looking to share costs–just let the travel agent know.
I do hope you’ll join me!
OUR INCLUSION POLICY: We welcome all adult humans (who are welcoming of all humans) to all of our retreats. We are LGBTQ+ friendly and an inclusive space. We’d love to have you attend!